Tomorrow is International Dog Day!
Founded in the US in 2004 by Animal Welfare Advocate and Pet Lifestyle Expert, Colleen Paige, National Dog Day celebrates all breeds, mixed and pure and serves to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year, either from public shelters, rescues and pure breed rescues.
In addition to National Dog Day, many dog rights organizations, such as the International Fund For Animal Welfare (IFAW), use this date to call for an improvement in living conditions for dogs all over the world.
Tomorrow gives us humans the perfect opportunity to show our furry best friends just how much we love them, as well as celebrating the special relationship that’s existed between human and canine since the dawn of time.
With this in mind, I invite you to make some kind of gesture, however small it may be, to make the most of this day and help make a pup just a little bit happier.
Here are 7 suggestions from the IFAW of some ways to make the most of August 26 this year:
- Adopt from a Rescue Shelter in your local area.
- Make a donation of food, toys or even blankets to a dog rescue shelter or organization.
- Make sure there’s nothing dangerous in your house that your dog could get his paws on. Dog proof his everyday surroundings.
- Take your dog somewhere he can have fun, run around and work off some energy.
- Offer to help out at a local dog protection organization.
- Give your dog a long massage.
- Give your pup a gift – maybe a new toy, a biscuit, a treat… The CannaBoss Mom recommends CBD, DUH🙂
REMEMBER: your dog has has an endocannabinoid system just like you and so can benefit from the therapeutic properties of CBD in much the same way.
Green Compasses dog-loving customers are raving about our CBD tinctures. Our two CBD products are designed specifically to help dogs of all breeds…
- Full spectrum CBD extracted from USDA organic certified, American-grown hemp
- Safe for dogs of all sizes
- Less than 0.3% THC (so your dog won’t get high!)
- Processed with CO2 extraction
Every little thing counts when it comes to looking after man’s best friend. If you can do even one of these eight suggestions, you can be sure that you’ve improved the life of at least one ball of fluff!
*** ENTER TO WIN ***
For your chance to win a FREE bottle of Green Compass 250mg pet CBD, you need to complete the following. ONE WINNER will be selected at random on Friday 8.28.2020.
- Comment below your dog(s) name and breed.
- Go to my IG or FB and share my National Dog Day post to your page or stories.